August 11, 2008

NKOTB MOA!!


The NKOTB were at the MOA(Mall of America) and I was able to go because of my wonderful husband. He not only took awesome care of our kids and the dogs, but couldn't sleep when I was gone and wanted to know what was going on with us crazy women! :) I love you honey..thanks so much for making this happen!

All started at 5pm when I booked it outta here to MN. I got there at 9PM on the nose. As I was getting there so was Tiffany. It was perfect timing! We went inside Kim's house so they could make coffee. I am not a coffee drinker so I grabbed some diet cokes and some red bull...it gives ya wingzzzzzzzzzzz!
THURSDAY
9:30PM~ Kim and Tiff took me to the MOA and showed me where the Best Buy store was and how to get to the Rotunda from there. We hung out at the Rotunda where the stage was already set up but EVENT STAFF were still setting other things up. We hung out there for a bit to waste some time. We had lots of it to waste! :)
The 3 Amigas! 1, 2, and 3 in line BABY!!


10:30PM~ Went back up to the Best Buy Store and sat and talked about how we THOUGHT things would happen. Some things went how we thought they would and some not.
~We meet Officer C who told us we could stay in the mall until 2:30am when security would probably kick us out. And she also told us that they clear out the parking ramp at midnight and that we should move Tiff's car to the North lot.

11:30PM~ Tiff and I go out to her car to bring out bags. We stuff everything into them so we all each just have a backpack. We get back into the mall and EVENTS are sitting on the bench we were sitting on so we sit at another bench. They approach us and tell us that we are not allowed to be on mall property after closing. One tells us we can wait at the door in the skyway and one tells us we can't. SO we wait by the skyway door and let the EVENTS people know (nicely) that we are going to stay here until security makes us leave.
FRIDAY
12:00AM~ Kim stays in skyway with our bags and Tiff and I go to park her car off Mall Property. We get to the North lot and there are signs that say NO PARKING OR YOU WILL BE TOWED. So we park at IHOP it was a little bit further for us to walk but not too bad.
1:00AM~ Others starting to line up also.
~Officer J. comes to tell us we have to leave mall property and that they will allow people to line up at 4AM. We ask him if we can bring back coffee for him later and he gives us a big smile and says "YES".

~We slowly walk back to the car at IHOP and take it to the North lot where Johnson says we will NOT get towed.
2:00AM~ Other TCBLOCKHEADS start going us at the North lot. We sit and chat and listen to NKOTB songs.
2:15AM~ I go with Tiff and Lisa to bring coffee to Off. J.
Here is Kim and Victoria both #1 in different lines!


While we are walking to the ramp I see Victoria who was #1 at the Today Show appearance. I try to tell the girls what I see but they are too busy chatting about something so I tell them I am going to stay back. I later call Tiff to tell her my findings and all is well. I walk back to Kim and tell her that I saw Victoria near the sidewalk in the north lot. We walk over to Victoria and starting talking to her about The Today Show and NKOTB. Her friend Kristy is there with her and is all excited about a UFC Press Conference she saw at the MOA on Thursday!**Andy texts me to tell me he is still awake...well...that he never went to sleep yet. I call him and try to figure out why he is STILL up. He has to get up with 4 kids and soon there after will have two dogs to take care of. He says he doesn't know why he is still up. He was so sweet to want to keep in touch with me. It was fun to continue texting with him as we went along. Little did I know he was preparing a FRIDAY post for me. THANKS HONEY!! YOU ARE AWESOME!! I start talking to her a little bit about that and find out that she too was at the Today show. Victoria and Kristy are super nice and easy to talk to. I stay to chat!
2:45AM~ Kim comes to get me because some of our group want to go to IHOP to get breakfast. I really don't want to go because my stomach is wrecked with all of this excitement. But I go...(later I find out that it was CODE for we are going to go to IHOP and walk over to MOA early) Officer J. told the girls that we all could come up at 3:30AM. We try and get in touch with Victoria and Kristy about our plans..they are in a conversation with SL and her crew.(a group of physco fans)Kim tries her hardest to convey our code for get your ass over to the ramp. It works kinda..when they all see us tracking across the street and into the ramp. Which was blocked off for any cars to go into. That was how the others were traveling. THANKS to Off. J for letting us in a little early.
3:10AM~ Kim leads the pack up some stair of the parking ramp. We were trying to dodge any security that may not have spoken to Officer J. This was the funniest thing I have ever seen. It was like from the move Forrest Gump where Lt. DAN is leading his guys through the war. With all of his hand signs. We were like soldiers in the war dodging enemy lines. We were all so quiet and sneaky.
3:20AM~ We get to the skyway and start weaving around and around the stanchions they have set up for people. This is another site to be seen. I have a huge smile on my face...YES...we are the first few in line. LOVE IT! Then we see a security guy on a bike and all SCATTER! This freaks us all out but he doesn't even bother with us and bikes off to stop others from getting IN. EVENT GIRLS come and tell us we are not to be lined up yet and we tell her that Officer J told us we could line up at 3:30. And she looks at her watch and says...that is 10 mins from now. She is bound and determined to get us out of there. But she fails again..ha ha...So finally we are in line.


#1,2,3 all the way to like 15. Our group was the first row of the show! I can finally relax a bit!

5:00AM~ The mall door is opened and we are allowed to line up by the Best Buy Store. At least it was carpeted. We kept telling each other leave room for stretching out and we didn't. It was pretty cramped and the floor was hard. We all tried to get a little shut eye. It was nice to lay down for a bit. I didn't sleep and I didn't stay laying down very long.(my back hurts today)

~We spend 5 hours in line calling and texting people, some sleep, most talked. I felt sick...LOL Every time I thought about being that close to the guys. I got an upset stomach. I was HOT too I don't know if that was part of the environment or my nerves or what but it wasn't good. I had wheat thins and water for lunch and that didn't even sit well. Oh well! I kept in touch with Andy and found out that he and the kids were at the park. I really did miss them as I sit on a hard floor with a bunch of women all gabbing. But I knew it would all be worth it in the end!~
10:00AM~ We got the wristband and laminate and headed down to the Rotunda. Kim and Lisa were the first two making there way down. And then Tiff and I took off like WILD WOMEN to be sure we were 3 and 4 in line for the show. Glad I wore my Nikes for this part. Magic Johnson was giving a speech so we entered quietly and listened to the rest of his deal.
11:00AM~ We were let into the Rotunda. We again wove our way to the stage. Each line I wove the more overwhelmed I became. And by the time I got to the front I was bawling...imagine that right! My nose was even running...this is what NKOTB do to me! I was so overwhelmed about how close we were going to be to these 5 fellas from Beantown. It has been my dream to meet them one day. And today was going to be that day. I felt sick the entire time we were at the Rotunda. I later found out it was totally NKOTB related because after the show I felt fine.
12:00PM~ Went with Lisa (Kim's Lisa) to get Subway lunch. That is all I could stomach...and that was even hard to get down. Somehow we ended up leaving Lisa's sub up at the store. DAMN. It was hard enough for us to get back in and she had to go back OUT again! Sorry about that Lisa!
~ People were IN and OUT for many different reasons. FOOD,HAIR,CLOTHES,BATHROOM,AIR we had a long wait ahead of us. I spent most of my time texting Andy and chatting with the girls around me. We had one very important thing in common. NKOTB!!

~While waiting we see the Heart Beat Boys and Maurice Starr. Of course we yell to Maurice to come over and get his autograph. Maurice was NKOTB's producer back in the day. It was nice to see him and today was the day that the HBB Boys first met the NKOTB.

4:00PM~ I am still feeling sick and now I don't know if I can even stand up. I want to fart so bad but we are all packed in such a small space. It just doesn't seem fair. I don't want to leave because it is hard to get back in AND they are soon going to be shutting the line down. Which means noone goes in or out. I am texting Andy and he tells me to let it rip and blame it on someone else. So...I stand up and let it rip a little! LOL Andy and I had a funny conversation via our Black Berries about this whole deal. It makes me feel a little better.

The media is starting to show up and because we are in the front row they want US!! We get all pumped up and scream and yell and carry on! It was fun and it took my mind off not feeling well for a while. There was tons of coverage all over the news of the TCBLOCKHEADS I think we all represent MN pretty good. Even though I am not from MN I still got props from Tiffany on her radio interview! THANKS TIFF!
5:30PM~ We are told that the guys' plane came in late and that the show will not start until 6:00. What is a half hour more...when you have been waiting this long. It seem liked an eternity! REALLY...a lot of us were so spent by this time....THANK GOODNESS it finally happened!
Elizabeth getting excited!


I will let the video tell you the story but I was a mess! I can't even tell you in words how AWESOME it was. A DREAM COME TRUE.
Me touching Donnie's hand 1:30 I am in RED!


Kim and I touching Danny's hand 1:30


Check out these dance moves!!


TRISHA CAM Beware of scream and singing!!


I have had a lot of GREAT things happen to me in the last 10 years and I have to say I am going to add this event right on to the list!! THANKS TO ANDY AND KIM for making it possible. YOU GUYS ROCK!
Pictures of the guys!!

Danny and Donnie


Joe


Jon


Jon and Donnie


Danny


Jordan


NKOTB


~ I have no idea when the show ended up it finally dawned on me that we also got to get autographs from the guys. This means FACE time! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ I walk up the steps put my camera and bags into a basket that they take to the opposite side of the stage and I hand my laminate to the bouncer. He sets it down by Jordan Knight. I say "Thanks for coming..." WTF I felt so dumb...and I told them so and then I said. "I don't know what to say..." And that is when Jon says..."What is your tattoo of?" And I proceed to tell him about the tattoo and that each footprint is for each one of my kids. That is when Joe leans over to look closer at my tattoo. WOW! He looked at the DATES. You have 4 kids! I say," Yes 4 in 5 years!" Then Robo, their bodyguard starts nicely pushing me along. I was like whooaa...they were asking me the questions. LOL Then I realized that Donnie was next in line. SO I point to him and smile. He then stands up and slaps his hands on the autograph table. I grab his hand and start to walk around the table. Asking him if it is ok...Robo kept say NO and Donnie said..."Just let her!" So I went around the table and put my arms around him. HOLY SHIT AGAIN! My face was right by his ear. I was in heaven. OK...that is enough. Time to let go. Ummm...my arms will not let go. OH OH! I tell Donnie I can't let go.

Then Robo unwraps me from Donnie and stands behind me. I am a puddle of Trisha at this point.

I still have one more guy to sign my laminate but I start walking off stage. Robo brings me over to Danny (who Kim says I hug also...I don't remember that) I don't remember a lot after that Donnie hug! LOL

As soon as I get my camera and bags I run to a quiet area to call ANDY. Silly, I know but he is the one I wanted to share it with first! We went to Fridays afterward to get some food and a drink. I didn't have a stomach ache any more. That is when I knew it was DONNIE INDUCED! LOL

9:00PM~ Got back to Kim's house. I was so spent...but there were already videos and the news clips. We sat and watched those and looked at our pictures from the show.
SATURDAY
12:00AM~
I went to bed in my clothes. I was so tired..but I could hear BLOCKHEADS and music. I got up and Kim had found a news clip all about her. I was in it a bit too with my camera. Finally I told Kim I HAD to go to bed.
12:30AM~ Went to bed. Slept like a rock
7:00AM~ Woke up to Kim showing Jerome all the footage from the night!
7:30AM~ Went to get gas and McDonalds. Kim bought a paper to see if there was anything in there. NOPE
8:00AM~ On the road back to Wisconsin to be with my family!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You look totally thrilled. I still think you are crazy...but thanks for being crazy w/ my sis so she doesn't have to do it alone! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Return of NKOTB said...

LoL thanks Tammy :)

Trisha said...

You know I love you sister! We go back a LONG time! I am a nutzo!! I am ok with that! :)

Anonymous said...

What songs did they sing?

Kim said...

Wow... Tommy Page... like the Tommy Page from the late 80's early 90's?

They sang their new song Summertime, then Tonight, and ended with their newest song Single.

NKOTB Tour said...

I can't wait to see the NKOTB Tour this year. I was a huge fan of both NKOTB and BSB back in the day... But they still sound and look great. See ya at one of the NY concerts!

NKOTB Fans Are From All Around The World

Started tracking 5/20/2008

Locations of visitors to this page
Unique Visitors since May 10, 2008