October 31, 2008

Over due…

I know I know… you want a recap of the St. Paul Show. And yeah, you want a recap of the Milwaukee show where I was 5 star. I know you do. But a girl is sick… and just finally getting back up to speed.

So with out further ado… the recap.

St. Paul first.

Tuesday, October 21st I rolled out of bed to deal with the dog. Since I was up I figured I should check my email. I didn’t get any calls or text from any of the TCBlockheads saying that they were “stalking” Monday night, but you never know when people “bump” into each other. Nothing. Alright. Good. I didn’t miss anything.

I was determined to meet the guys… someone… anyone after missing out on Facetime in Chicago. Then it happened. An email came through from Ashley our adopted TCBlockhead from Canada that there were tour buses outside of her hotel window. She and two of the TCBlockheads (Peggy and Lisa) were staying downtown St. Paul at the Holiday Inn. I on the other hand was still at my house, in my pajamas, not showered, and well not ready at all.

I called my Lisa who had taken the day off of work too to stalk. She was still just waking up and wasn’t ready to start the day. I sent a quick PM to Trisha who was packing everything for her trip to Milwaukee. I told her to time me in the shower so that she has an idea of how fast I really could be, since she wanted to stalk in Milwaukee as soon as I got there. I ran to the shower and was out, dressed and blow dried in about 10 minuets. Sweet.

I checked my emails one last time to find out any details and ran out the door. On my way I stopped at McDonald’s to grab a coffee and a breakfast sandwich since I had no idea when I would eat next. I called Alexis (one of the Barbie girls from Project NKOTB) to see if she wanted to hop into my car. She said to stop by her house and that she would drive down since she had baby Barbie and Kim the other Barbie coming to her house. Whew.

We hung out there for a bit. Ends up their friend Becky was coming too… Becky went to the Chicago show with them and rode the MegaBus back with us. She was running a bit late… but finally arrived and we were off like a prom dress.

I got a call from my Lisa saying she was on her way; she didn’t want to miss out! Sweet! We saw Ashley, Peggy and Lisa hanging outside of the Xcel Center near some buses while we tried to find a spot. I got a few texts saying that they hadn’t seen anyone and about other people coming down. We found a parking ramp and of course had to go up like 5 flights before we found a single open spot. We rocked out to Pink’s new song “So What” and well… I totally got it into my head. Sorry guys!

We got baby Barbie’s stroller out of the back and were on our way. We booked it down the street when I got a call from my stepdaughter JST saying that she had BACKSTAGE PASSES for me and another person. Hello! Yes… backstage. Sweet.

My Lisa called me once she got to St. Paul asking where we were. I gave her an idea and told her about the ramp that we parked in and that she should hurry up because I had news for her about the show. She said she would hurry and then zoomed passed us!

We were standing outside of the Xcel. A few tour buses were there along with about 15 fans, including us. We talked with the girls and found out that Joe’s wife and son were out walking around. So that means that Joe is somewhere in the area I guess. Nice.

I let my Lisa in on the news once she arrived about the backstage passes. She was super excited and called her Hubby and her mom to let them know! We were pretty excited. We hung out for an hour or so and then noticed that some of our crew was hanging out next to a building. It was about 20 degrees warmer over there… JEEEEEEEEEEEZE! I became baby Barbie’s bestest buddy when I share my body heat with her. She even snotted on me… lovely.

We stayed there all too long… finally making a decision to go have a drink and some lunch. It was just barely 11am. I wasn’t ready for lunch… so my Lisa and I split some Spinach Artichoke Dip.

Once we warmed up and filled our bellies a bit we went to the other side of the Xcel where all the trucks come in to go under the Xcel. We saw a ton of catering trucks, a few vehicles, but no New Kids. We did however see Joe’s wife and son and I of course snapped a picture!

We got nothing. Nada. No love. I take that back… we did meet Donnie. Donnie Lane that is, the head truck driver of the New Kids. Ugh. That’s it. We were done and the preconcert party time was quickly approaching.

My Lisa and I decided that since we were going backstage that we needed to go shopping. Sure we had our outfits for our seats… but we weren’t going backstage and possibly meeting the guys from there. Off to the Mall of America we went. Yeah… that damn place. I bought an extra battery for my camera, a pair of earrings and a new pair of shoes.

We changed in the bathroom at the mall and were off to Shamrock’s for the preparty. Speaking of the preparty Project NKOTB were the hosts, but yours truly made the lanyards that they gave out to their guests. They made 100 and they were all gone and we had to tell people that they ran out. What a fantastic turn out! I even hooked the girls up with a guest book for the night!

We hung out there and grabbed a “Get in my Facetime Burger and Beer Basket” of course it was a New Kids special J I became paparazzi for a bit with their camera since they had to leave for 5 star. A few people recognized me from this here blog – Hey everyone! Some recognized me from the Mall of America… I feel bad for those people. I hope they realize that I was on ZERO sleep and was a total bitch that day. Crazy. I’m a little internet superstar I guess J

So it’s to the point where my Lisa and I decide that we should get our butts to the Xcel. Shamrock’s was providing a shuttle to the Xcel but we wanted to leave earlier incase my stepdaughter could get us backstage before the show. We were talking with a few blockheads who were leaving. Ends up they had their hotel shuttle coming to pick them up and said that we could join them if we wanted. Sweet! (Waving to 100 bucks since I can’t remember her real name and that’s what her name is on my phone and her friend!!)

We arrived safely at the Xcel. In the doors we went. I went to the map of the arena and showed my Lisa where our seats were and showed her where the B stage was supposed to be…. We had great seats for B Stage… for the real stage… not so much… but at least we weren’t in the nosebleeds again…

We sat on the steps next to the TV interviewer that was at Shamrock’s and her camera guy. We saw Alexis and Kim come out from 5 star and headed over to them… little did we know that the reporter and camera guy were following after us! They did a little interview… that you can see here:



We watched them be interviewed and then found a few other TC Blockheads. People started actually lining up so we hopped in line and were ready to go to the show. The doors finally opened and we went straight to the merchandise counter. I already bought my share in Chicago so this was all for my Lisa. Then we hit up the beer chick and headed to our seats.

I made a few calls to find out where my fellow TCBlockheads were… I think Tiff may have even taken our picture from across the way! Peggy and Lisa were in the front row, center stage. Tiff and her group were across the way from my Lisa and me. Colleen and Darcy were right next to the B stage. I’m not sure where everyone else was! Sorry girls.

The show started with Tami Chynn. She sucked… we sat and paid her no attention. Then Natasha Bedingfield came on… I saw her in Chicago and knew a few of her songs… we paid her minimal attention. I do know that at one point my Lisa spilled my drink all over the floor… it tasted like crap so I wasn’t too peeved.

The show started… song after song we danced and sang… and Lisa screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemed. I’m pretty sure she had a great time. I tried getting a hold of my stepdaughter a few times but it didn’t look like it was going to work out for us. We were a little upset… but knew that it’s possible that we wouldn’t be able to go backstage.



I took a few pictures and videos… I even got told by the security guard twice that if I kept taking video that my card would be taken away from me. WTF? So I switched my card right then and there so I wouldn’t loose all the pictures from the day and the beginning of the show.



I remembered a ton of key points about the show from Chicago and remembered when to take key pictures or video. I also took notes for Milwaukee when I would be up close and personal with the fellas. It really was a great time.

The show ended and we hurried out the door. We hurried all too soon because I had to pee… not a good combination! Plus it was starting to rain. It wouldn’t be a New Kids concert without it I guess… We walked down by the underground tunnel again when my stepdaughter called. She was only calling to tell me that they would be exiting out on the main street to a limo. My Lisa and I headed up to see if anything was going on. Nothing.

We walked around back to the front of the Xcel center where fans were still pouring out of the building. We ran into Peggy, Lisa, and Ashley who were talking to Robo, the guys head security guard. Why didn’t we ask if we could get a rid to Milwaukee??? Stupid us.

We needed to find out where the trolley was picking people up to take them back to Shamrock’s. Since we didn’t ride the trolley into the show we were totally lost. Thankfully I was able to talk to someone, Tiff I think, who was able to tell me that they were going to be picking up over on the side where the tour buses were earlier in the day. My Lisa, Peggy and I booked it over there…

We found Project NKOTB plus a few 1,000 other fans that were waiting on the trolley to whisk us back to Shamrock’s for the after party and our cars. The trolley pulled up and boom… who was number one… YOU GOT IT... J LOL. Sorry Alexis!

Back at Shamrock’s we hung out, some drank, some ate fantastic pizza, and some started to crash. That would be me. I knew in only a few short hours that we would need to be up and getting on the MegaBus to head to Milwaukee for the show the very next night. My Lisa left and wished me a happy trip. I was putting Lizzie up in the Hotel Del Thompson for the night so she wouldn’t have to go all the way home just to turn around and head to the bus stop. She and I left to my house eventually. Apparently that was before dancing on the booths… who knew!



We made our way over to our house and I started packing the last of my things. I pulled the laptop out and loaded the pictures and video that I had taken from the day and started charging batteries since every single one was dead.

I hopped into bed and took a brief nap when the alarm went off… UGHHHHH.

Continued in the next post… all about Milwaukee!

No comments:

NKOTB Fans Are From All Around The World

Started tracking 5/20/2008

Locations of visitors to this page
Unique Visitors since May 10, 2008